Massage is an essential part of living a healthy lifestyle. Holistic Traditions offers massage packages to meet your needs. Please scroll down to learn the benefits of massage and to view the types of massages that we offer.
Massage – Did You Know?
Massage relieves physical ailments associated with repetitive tasks. It also alleviates stress by lowing levels of the stress hormones cortisol and norepinephrine, thus restoring relaxation and promoting good health. Massage also increases alertness, concentration, and motivation
Massage has positive effects on health conditions, such as, diabetes, hyperactivity and asthma. It reduces anxiety and depression. It also relieves headaches and migraines. Massage also stimulates the lymphatic system, the body’s natural defense against toxic invaders, thus strengthening the immune system to prevent illness and disease. Finally, massage has the following effects:
- Relieves eye strain
- Increases circulation
- Decreases acute and chronic pain by producing endorphins, the body’s natural pain killers
- Relaxes tense muscles and aids in faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments
- Promotes deeper and easier breathing
- Reduces blood pressure and heart rate
- Aligns the musculoskeletal system and improves posture
- Infant Massage offers many benefits to your newborn
All massage is adapted to each person’s specific muscular imbalance.
Trigger Point Massage: A technique that focuses on areas of body that help release pain and stagnation due to lack of energy flow in the body. May apply light to heavy pressure. Stretching, Acu Pressure and passive range of motion included in therapy.
Tui Na: Chinese technique that activates energy channels to help relieve pain and inflammation in joints and tendons. With oil or without.